Handmade Fair 2018 Bowood House



Last weekend I was kindly invited to Bowood House for the Handmade Fair. The workshop filled weekend was dedicated to appreciating the beauty of handmade items and learning new skills to create your own things and upcycle your old belongings. There were workshops and drop in sessions lasting from 5 minutes to at least an hour where you could develop your crafty skills and allow you to leave with a sense of accomplishment. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to do a workshop which is a real shame as there was so much on offer.


However, I did have plenty of time to peruse the handmade stalls filled with everything from craft supplies and bits to fill your DIY needs to handbags and lots and lots of tasty food. I was very pleased to notice that there were a few 'plastic free' stalls dedicated to reducing plastic waste. I purchased some lovely plastic free soap to take home with me too from Emma's Soap. It's amazing to see that reduced waste and plastic is becoming more of a thing and popular topic at the moment. 




It was such a lovely day, despite having to walk so far to get there. I felt inspired to get back into creating my own things such as jewellery and knitting. It was amazing to see so many creatives in one place doing what they do best in such a beautiful location as the historic Bowood House. 



Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts