August Goals

source
I feel like my July goals post actually worked pretty well. I managed to work more than my usual one day a week, meaning I did the equivalent of hours that I work in a month in one week. That sounds like a lot but I work less than 10 hours a week. I also managed to land myself a volunteer position at a small local museum as a historical researcher which I will be starting in a few weeks time. It's nice that I'm starting to gain some relevant experience in the field that I hope to work in some day and my research will actually be on display and be of use to the museum. 

As for August, this is my last full free month that I have off before stating back at uni in September so I want to make the most of it. Here are my 5 goals for this month. 

1. Go Places I'm a bit of a hermit most of the time. I can go days without leaving the house but I don't want to spend the rest of my summer inside and visiting new and favourite places provides great blogging ideas.  Besides, I finally finished season 4 of New Girl so I have no reason to stay inside now. 
2. Read for fun and for study I promised myself that I would spend August getting ahead on uni reading so I want to read some of the recommended reading. I don't mind if I don't finish the books, as long as I read a decent amount that's all that counts, right? I also still need to finish reading my non-study book before going back to uni as I wont have much time then. 
3. Stop Worrying This sounds daft because you can't just completely stop worrying but I worry about every little thing and sometimes I find that it stops me from having fun and enjoying myself. I want to try and stop worrying and do more things that make me happy. Am I making any sense? 
4. Take More Photos I love take photos but I often feel a bit too touristy. However if I stop worrying about what other people think and just take some damn pictures, all will be good. 
5. Get Ahead With Blogging As I just mentioned, I will be back at uni next month so I need to spend some time getting some posts lined up so that I don't have to worry about it later on. It also means less time procrastinating and more time to do uni work. Yay?


What are your goals for August? Did you fulfil your July goals? 


Don't forget to like my Facebook page and follow me on bloglovin and instagram: amyleehaynes!

Comments

  1. Its so nice to hear that someone else worries as much as I do about every little thing...I thought I was the only one! These are all great goals I'm also planning on getting ahead with the reading for university as well...I hate when you have a few days doing non uni things and suddenly fall so far behind haha! Such a tough life! xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad other people can relate! It's so easy to get behind with uni work, it's best to just get ahead. Good luck with it! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will reply to your comment but you can also tweet me at @amyleehaynes or e-mail me at: amyleehaynes@hotmail.co.uk

Popular Posts