5 Relatable TV Characters
I have spent a lot (most) of my free time watching TV shows. Rewatching the oldies and starting new series. I think we can all agree that when watching almost every TV show, we find one character and go, "they are my spirit animal" and we find them incredibly relatable. I love this because we then look to them for inspiration of what to do in similar situations, providing us with good (usually) role models. Here are my top 5 sassy and relatable TV characters that I've been loving.
1. Cristina Yang in Grey's Anatomy Probably my favourite from the list. She has all of the characteristics I wish to possess. She's smart, funny, beautiful and she holds a lot of the same views as me, not to mention she is a total emotional brick. Oh and she loves tequila. I feel ya sister.
2. Jessica Day in New Girl. I feel like most of us awkward ladies can relate to Jess. She's not great with guys, she's quirky and people don't tend to understand her. She teaches us to stay true to ourselves, even if we are clumsy, embarrassing and would prefer a night in knitting rather than going out.
3. Geraldine Granger in the Vicar of Dibley. The main reason why I love Geraldine is that she shows us that people like you for who you are and that a wicked sense of humour does you the world of good. Also she's a vicar so she obviously has a heart of gold.
|Source: Own Screenshot|
4. Hannah Horvath in Girls. The only way I can describe Hannah is 'real'. She is a character that you can relate to so easily. She goes through problems and situations that we've all been in or will be in and says things we all think. Even though we might not think she is doing the right thing all the time, that adds to how realistic her character is. Shout out to Lena Dunham for creating such a truthful and realistic character.
5. Abed from Community This might be a bit of a weird one but I really wish I was as intelligent and witty as Abed. I think everybody probably has a friendship like Tory and Abed's, which makes him that much cooler.