Summer Essentials: Beauty



Since June (and hopefully lots of warm weather) is on the horizon, I thought I would start a new set of posts where I share with you my summer essentials. Today I thought I would begin with essential beauty products that I tend to use to keep me going through the warm(ish) weather. I wont ramble on too much as I think I have mentioned most of these products on my blog before. 

Firstly the everyone's summer staple when it comes to beauty should be, without a doubt, an SPF moisturiser such as the Garnier Moisture Match Illuminating Light Lotion with SPF 20, to keep your skin protected. This is important all year round but particularly in warmer months. I don't really like putting your everyday sun cream on my face and I often forget to put it on before my make up so SPF in a moisturiser is really handy and isn't a sticky. The moisturisers also aims to illuminate your skin which is always a plus for the summer. To help me with this a highlighter is also a must to emphasise your cheek bones and high points of your face, giving you a healthy looking summer glow. I use the Seventeen 3 in 1 Highlighter which is a liquid highlighter which gives a subtle glow/shine. When I'm not in the mood for the whole contouring your face sort of thing, and mainly when I'm in a girly mood, I like to use a little bit of blusher just to add a little pop of colour using the Topshop Cream Blusher in the shade 'head over heels'. I tend to not go overboard with blusher when it's warm I have a natural tendency to get really red cheeks (ginger problems) so too much blusher would just make me look like I'm about to burst or something. Moving on. In the summer I am more likely to opt for brighter shades of lipstick because y'know it's summer and everything is a bit brighter all round. My favourite brighter shades of lipsticks are Topshop 'Infrared', which is an orange-red shade that I to me is a bit sort of citrusy, and Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie 'Risk it All' which is bright pink and works perfectly with pastels which is one of my favourite summer trends. Since I love pastels so much my go to nail polish is always the Barry M Nail Paint in Blueberry as it's a really bright pastel and just makes me feel really summery. Finally what is Summer without your favourite scent? Mine is Dot by Marc Jacobs because it's just so sweet smelling and kind of reminds me of the smell of parma violet sweets which is just uh-mazing.

What are your summer beauty essentials?

Don't forget to like my Facebook page and follow me on bloglovin and instagram: amyleehaynes!

Comments

  1. I am so in love with that 3 in 1 Highlighter oh my! The nail varnish is a super cute colour too :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will reply to your comment but you can also tweet me at @amyleehaynes or e-mail me at: amyleehaynes@hotmail.co.uk

Popular Posts