What to wear to a bonfire party
- I think the main idea for dressing for a bonfire party is warmth as you will be stood outside for ages so hat, scarf, gloves and a big coat are a must.
- Wear something you're comfortable in. I know it sounds obvious but you don't want to be having to pull your top/trousers up all the time because you're uncomfortable.
- If you live in the lovely wet UK then you will definitely need boots/wellies/something you don't mind getting muddy. I opted for my purple doc martens because they are fairly old as they were my auntie's and they're already a bit battered.
- If you don't get cold easily (or are not clumsy so wont fall over) then dresses and skirts are an option but if like me you're a dope and worried about falling over and flashing your knickers and freezing your ass off then wear jeans.
- Now for the gloves - I chose to wear mittens but I can see this going badly and me doing something stupid like dropping my drink but they are cosy so I am willing to risk it!
- Another thing to consider is the fact that you are going to be near a bonfire, as weird as that sounds, but are you really willing to ruin your favourite coat by making it smell like bonfire? I know you can get them cleaned but sometimes the smell is hard to get rid of!
- If you're going to be drinking alcohol then you should probably consider wearing hat/scarves/gloves/jewellery that you don't mind losing because lets face it, there's nothing worse than coming home and realising you've lost your best hat!
I know a lot of it seems obvious but the last thing you want to do is let your outfit choice ruin your night because it's uncomfortable, you've lost something or completely embarrassed yourself in front of everyone.