Choose life

This week I have been to a local town called Rawtenstall (pronounced rotten-stall) and I must say that I have never really noticed how great it is as it has loads of charity shops, a market, 2 vintage boutiques - the vintage circus which is at the back of a cupcake shop and vintage cou cou (not been in this one yet), Sunday Best - which is a tad expensive but still nice and Bolthole which sells nice stationary, books and quirky stuff. 
I always moan that I don't live in a place with good shops etc. but I think I have just not bothered looking for them.

However when I went this week I only bought one thing due my lack of money because I'm still saving for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (just over 2 weeks now!!!)

Round 60s sunglasses - Market dressing up stall
(My mouth looks really weird)

This morning I went to a car boot sale and found nothing apart from a camera which was old and really used and were selling it for £5 which was a bit much seeing as I only had £7 on me. I also went charity shopping and nothing there either. I need a proper shopping spree (20 days until I can!!!) and to go to Topshop.


Also how amazing was the Olympic opening ceremony? I wasn't going to watch it because I thought it would be rubbish but, Danny Boyle you so proved me wrong! I literally screamed at the TV when the Trainspotting clip came on because I totally forgot that he was the director. It was amazing!  


Comments

  1. Charity shopping makes me happy so much, you can actually shop without feeling guilty! And everyone seems to be skint at the minute including myself. Loving this John Lennon like glasses. I have a pair myself I like to whip out on those special musical occassions.

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding stuff from high street stores in charity shops and buying them for so much less, it's great! x

      Delete
  2. I just discovered your blog and I absolutely adore it! Your sense of style is the epitome of perfection! I hope you're having a lovely day :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your shades and headband! circle shades are my fave x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your lavender flowers. Great blog, followed :)
    I would love it if you checked out my blog at http://noteablechic.blogspot.com

    xx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, the Olympics opening ceremony was amazing and I thought the Rowan Atkinson bit was very funny. It was great how England pulled together bits from their history and pop culture. Also, isn't it wonderful getting something from a charity shop? You feel like you just got such a wonderful deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rowan Atkinson was great, it was so funny! I think the ceremony just managed to show everything that's great about England! x

      Delete
  6. Your headdress is so cute, with all the pink/purple flowers! Makes me think of something all the swedish girls are wearing when it's midsommar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the glasses!

    Follow and I'll be sure to follow back. xo
    http://maggiemunster.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those glasses look great! i am so jealous that you are going to Edinburgh festival! x

    http://b-j-s-t.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. your headband is lush! awh, your so lucky to have lovely places like that near where you live, the vintage shops sound amazing, and those glasses were a great find! :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your floral headband- where is it from? xo

    http://lauraruthhooper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I won it but it's originally from Crown and Glory, they have some really lovely things on their website! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will reply to your comment but you can also tweet me at @amyleehaynes or e-mail me at: amyleehaynes@hotmail.co.uk

Popular Posts